Monday, August 25, 2008

FREEDOM!!! kinda




OK, OK, I have no excuse not to update. I keep thinking nothing really interesting in our lives, same old Lagoon, swimming, breakfast, lunch, dinner, Ya, ya, I know that's what everyone is dying to read about. Today the kids started school!!! They rode their bikes on their own, left by 8:05. By 9:30 I thought is should be noon. Kels and I and Kitten, just dawdling getting dressed eating breakfast....uhh what do we do now? We got a kitten this last week. Thank you Brooke! She is a little on the smothering side, she loves to snuggle on your neck ,shoulder, chest, right by your head when your on the couch. If you get up she will follow you, watch the feet! (kels did get her once, but Maybelle slapped her foot) We have a pet carrier with a soft pillow in it, and she sleeps in there, she goes on her own, we actually just went looking and found her in there. What a good cat, i have never met one like her and she has even won over Troy. I haven't had to clean up and accidents, she has gone in the litter box, and Skye cleans it about 5 times a day. We have continued with the no TV Tues and Thurs, although AJ has tried and tried to change it. I did let him watch that Hannah Montana 3D after he read a his level chapter book, cover to cover. You can tell who is happy to start school, and who is too cool for school. Skye has a cute new haircut for 2ND grade, Thanks Amber! She is amazed how it looks so shiny when it is clean. (hard time in the summer convincing her to use shampoo and conditioner.) Yeah, Aj just made himself an egg roll for a snack, and i didn't have to do a thing! Just wait Kara, it will happen fast, school on their own, food up high on their own, this is the life! We won't mention the arguing and teasing. With all my new time, I will hopefully think of fun things to talk about like Kristen. Oh, by the way, I made the costumes out of felt and gluegun in about an hour, I will see what I have of them, or i can help you make your own you can keep forever and ever. They were not perfect by any means, I just guessed on all the cutting. We could do it this year if you want, tiny Mimi.

5 comments:

Kristin Sokol said...

Done. My house or yours. Wait...Dang. I already have Alyssa's costume. K next year for sure.

I want your life. I want time back. I miss time. Do a triathalon with me. You'll love it. I'll call you sporty spice.

Brooke said...

Aww Maybelle is so cute.Know anyone who wants one? I still have 3 left that no one wants.

Erika W said...

I can't believe you got a cat! Ours is Satan's spawn, so hopefully yours will be nicer.

Unknown said...

Could AJ look ANY less enthusiastic about school and pictures??

keithanderika said...

oh my gosh! kelsie's hair has gotten so long!! love the pigtails!!