Tuesday, July 1, 2008

No TV Tuesday

So, after a day yesterday when the TV was no off 5 min. while we were home, and we were home all day, I decided we could/should do without. So when the kids woke up I said, Tuesday and Thursdays, are no TV days. They groaned a little, but accepted it. Both older kids are reading chapter books (AJ really likes the k-2 books I have sponge bob and blue lagoon) when I just said something to them, they both just held up a finger. Pretty amazing if i do say so myself! We did fill our time with the girls helping me cook, and playing chutes and ladders. I may have to mention, no TV doesn't mean no video games for AJ or computer, but surprisingly enough, not even 20 min. on either. Kelsie did watch some of the Bee movie on the computer while the older kids were at kids club from 10-12. I have to admit quite a bit of arguing, but more smiles also. I challenge anyone who dares!!!

2 comments:

~Silly me said...

I'm impressed!! Good job!

Kjersty said...

Yes, when I write blogs that contain other people I generally change the names of the people. I am glad you finally got a blog.